African Sunset

African Sunset

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Four more days: packing up!


My check-in baggage limit (from Philadelphia to Uganda):
Donations & goodies for the Uganda team: 2 suitcases

Personal belongings: 1 hiking pack + 1 carry-on knapsack

I guess I'll be reusing my underwear.
As my dad always says, you can wear one pair of underpants 4 times before it needs to be washed: inside out, front & back. Not exactly the most hygienic, or wisest. But with only one backpack for 2 months, I'll do with what I have. God will provide the rest.

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
Psalm 62:8

4 comments:

  1. Hi Olvie!

    I am sure your dad meant well. My tip is washing your underwear by hand and hanging them to dry. They usually don't take too long to dry. You will be happy you did it. If you have scarce resources, just make sure to bring a little bar of soap, or even liquid soap, as well as a spray bottle of water. Or anything. Where there is a will, there is a way! I will keep praying for you!!!

    Mwali :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bring a long piece of string so you can hang your laundry and even your towel! You might be surprised to find that there's no towel rack. I did that when i went to europe, congo and rwanda, best idea ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear....well how about disposable underwear? That could be a biodegradable alternative XD but your dad's technique works...(I think that the boys did this at SC). I would suggest using undie liners, but that might be too much space!

    Anyway, I just wanted to wish you a safe trip to Philly and then to Uganda :). God is going to do great things through you Olvie and we can't wait to see and hear about it. We will definitely be praying for your health, and safety (and hygiene :D) and for the great things you will witness, the God moments, that you will experience on this trip. I'm praying you will be able to make a lot of great relationships!

    Much love in Christ,
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips everyone! Keep 'em coming;)
    And your prayers are greatly appreciated!
    Love you lots! Will keep you posted.
    Jesus loves ya<3

    ReplyDelete