African Sunset

African Sunset

Saturday, June 11, 2011

eyelids laden with sleep & exhaustion.


Yesterday's labour. Mom doing what moms do best. Couldn't have done it without her!

Brownie mix. Chocolate Cake. Matchbox cars. UNO. Checkkk.

Being able to attend & witness the marriage of two of the greatest people in the world before I leave. I wouldn't have it any other way. A blessing indeed.

They have been such an encouragement to me:)

It's 3:00 AM, three hours after returning home from Johnny & Sophia's wedding. We're still packing, condensing...like trying to zip up a fat suit. And the result is, 50 & 70 lbs suitcases.


Now, I'm down to packing my personal carry-on bag. 
I'm tired of packing, preparing, and stressing. I can't wait till I board that plane, and can breathe without thinking about whether or not I need more band-aids, or an extra packet of tissues (which I have 30 pkgs of already).

The reality of going to Uganda still hasn't hit. It still seems surreal. But most people tell me, it often doesn't settle until you've boarded the plane, or until you're actually there...living, breathing, eating on foreign lands.
i cannot wait till take-off.

Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! ps.46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment