African Sunset

African Sunset

Sunday, June 12, 2011

After several nights of packing, living off of meagre hours of sleep, I could not wait until the moment I can just board the plane, close my eyes, maybe read a book, eat some peanuts...and trust that if I don't have everything I need, He is my shepherd I shall not be in want.

Even sitting in the Pearson airport right now, at my gate waiting for boarding, gives me some of that relief.

When I crossed customs a few moments ago, I was definitely being asked more questions than usual. One small asian girl with 2 oversized suitcases, a backpack (which is probably double my width), and a overstuffed carry-on suitcase.
Suspicious? Or simply Spirit-filled, with the intention of giving.
"What are you doing in Philadelphia?", "What do you mean by 'training'", "Why do you have so many suitcases for 'training'", "What do you mean by 'donations'". I am sure he quoted my every word and turned it into a question. I think I would've cried if it wasn't for months of experience with the intimidating interrogation of nurses & patients at my hospital placements.


My sister, Olga, is gonna pop soon (next saturday)! Too bad the baby just couldn't crawl out a little earlier before I leave. But I would probably be at the hospital now instead of the airport if she did. 

Quick prayer requests before boarding:

  1. Training & Orientation in Philadelphia for the next 3 days. Pray that Sarah (the other intern) & I will be open and receptive to what God has to speak into us.
  2. My clumsiness. I haven't tripped and fell on my face, or spilled my entire backpack out yet...there's more travelling to come! More opportunities for me to be absent-minded and scattered.
  3. To always stay connected to God, and never forget the purpose of this trip: To live out His calling for His people as a nursing student. 
  4. For my sister's first baby, who is ready to climb out in a few days!
See you later baby niece in 2 months!




No comments:

Post a Comment